NAME: Lisa Hashem
BIRTHDAY: November 6
COLLEGE: Indiana Business College, 2008
MAJOR: Medical Assisting, A.A.S.
Hi, and welcome to Letters by Lisa, I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, grandmother, aunt, friend and writer. I love family, friends, children and animals, and I have a passion for writing. I have been writing all of my life, and I spend most of my days in a quiet little corner with my laptop and a good cup of coffee, doing what I love, and loving what I’m doing. I was born and raised in Indiana. I’m a recent graduate of the Institute of Children’s Literature. I’m a proud member of the SCBWI, as well as She Writes. I write fiction, nonfiction, and poetry, and I have found my niche in writing for children. I am currently living in Cairo, Egypt, where I have lived off and on for a total of twelve years, ten of which I taught kindergarten. The past twenty eight years have been dedicated to raising my four children, and now that they are grown, I am thrilled to embark on my journey of complete, and total dedication to my lifelong love and passion, writing. Sit back and relax for awhile, and join me in my little corner of the world.
Oh, I almost forgot just a few more things that I love:
- I love spending time with my children, my grandchildren, my mother, my husband, my family and friends.
- I love my pets.
- I love reading.
- I love poetry and powerful quotes.
- I love browsing through flea markets and antique malls.
- I love a hot cup of coffee in the peacefulness of the early morning.
- I love long walks in the park during the fall time, enjoying the crisp, cool air and the crunching of leaves beneath my feet.
- I love the warmness of the early morning’s sun in early summer.
- I love walking barefoot on a sandy, warm beach.
- I love the sweet, innocent laughter of children.
- I love curling up on my couch with my two dogs and a good book in the evening.
- I love the complete quiet and stillness during a snowfall that falls late at night.
- I love the beautiful, colorful lights of Christmas time.
- I love the taste of good chocolate melting in my mouth.
- I love each blessed day that God allows me to remain here on this earth with my family and loved ones.